Teaching Outside the Classroom
Teaching methods outside the classroom mean such methods of teaching which are not directly related to the classroom, it is often seen that children start taking disinterest while learning in the classroom, due to which they are not able to achieve their goals. To remove the defect, teaching should be done in such a way that the child can learn with interest, for this those methods are used in which children can get knowledge with pleasure, for this the best method is educational tour, let's follow this method. study up.
Learning outside the classroom is the use of places other than the school for teaching and learning. It is about getting children and young people out and about, providing them with challenging, exciting and different experiences to help them learn.
Learning experiences outside classroom teaching methods are forms of experiential learning. These experiences are rooted in the simple principle that "experience is the best teacher." Under this framework, learning outside of the classroom is an active process, wherein students encounter authentic problems, construct novel hypotheses, test for real solutions, and interact with others to make sense of the world around. them. When we do this, we encounter the world as a whole and are forced to engage multiple modalities, no matter which pair of disciplinary "lenses" we intended to wear.
Students are taken outside the classroom on regular educational excursions where students define education through their personal experiences in an open environment. Science can learn manners and nature individually, apart from this, the tendency to live in a group, the ability to be a hero and the feeling of self-confidence and brotherhood in the students is strong.
There are so many educational benefits of excursion outside the classroom that it is not easy to describe them all. The famous British writer Bacon says that for the youth, passion is a part of education, while the older people get experience from it. What we learn from traveling outside the classroom is difficult to learn from books. Because the role of the eye in learning is the most in comparison to other sense organs. For example, we read in books that in ancient times there was a university named Nalanda.
Educational Importance of Teaching Method Outside the Classroom
1. Increase Knowledge
Travel enhances our book life. With the help of excursions, history looks real to us and the entire geography becomes a reality. This tests the principles of economics and new challenges emerge. The foundation of sociology gets strengthened. By visiting places of historical importance, the blurred image read in books gets illuminated and becomes a reality.
2. Gaining Practical Knowledge of the World
Traveling provides a golden opportunity to gain practical knowledge of the world. The famous poet Pope has rightly said that the true study of humanity can be done only through the study of human beings. During our travels, we come in contact with different types of people. If we travel with a watchful eye and keep all the windows and doors of our heart and mind open, then we will get so much practical knowledge of the people and events of the world which cannot be found in any book.
3. Essential to Health
Travel is also essential for the healthy development of the brain. Ravindra Tagore says that the health of the mind cannot be improved by studying in the motionless classrooms of a motionless school surrounded by prison walls of selected books.
4. The Outlook Expands
Traveling expands our perspective. This brings generosity in our thoughts and attitudes. Through this, sympathy towards humanity is awakened in our mind. By getting a variety of experiences, we learn to look at events and things in a new direction. This develops our right attitude towards values.
5. Advancement of Trade and Commerce
We also get practical information about trade and commerce through excursions. By visiting the commercial centers of the world, we get so much knowledge, which cannot be obtained from even all the books of the commercial library. New businesses are initiated through personal contact, in this way business gets a big boost through travel.
6. In the Lap of Nature
Traveling brings us to the lap of nature. We are very impressed by reading the descriptions of many scholars in the books of different languages, but through the tour, all the same come true in front of us and mesmerizes us. We become aware of our smallness when standing in front of huge mountains or watching the waves bouncing on the beach.
Requirement for Students of Teaching Method Outside the Classroom
It is very important that every student should be provided with proper travel opportunities. But due to our poverty, a large number of students do not get enough money for this. Nevertheless, keeping in mind the importance of excursions, our educational institutions must arrange some educational tours at affordable rates with the help of railway authorities and institutions.
The educational benefits of excursions are so many that they cannot be easily described. Renowned English writer Bankon says that for the young, traveling is a part of education, while the older people get experience from it. What we learn from traveling tomorrow, it is difficult to learn from books. Because the role of the eye in hearing is the most in comparison to other senses.
Use of Teaching Method Outside the Classroom
The planning and implementation of educational tours should be done in such a way that the objectives of the tours can be achieved and the students can acquire possible knowledge. Tours should be arranged for specific learning situations. The following five steps should be followed for effective use of educational tours:
1. To prepare the students:- It is the duty of the instructor to inculcate the curiosity of tourism in the students that the visual material provides facility for learning from the audio material. The instructor should tell in advance about the specific points of observation, the places and institutions to be visited, their pictures, films, charts, maps etc. should be displayed at the time of teaching. Students should be made fully aware of the organization of tourism.
2. To arrange educational tours:- Students should be given complete information regarding the use and method of use of guidance papers. At the time of arranging tourism, the details of important points of observation places should be mentioned on the guide sheet. The complete description of tourism related overview should be prepared by the student, as the details will be helpful in preparing the curriculum of the student's teaching. The test will help the students, as the specific points of all the places cannot be remembered.
3. Follow up of educational tourism:- As soon as possible after educational tourism, debates and conversations should be organized with the students regarding its usefulness and teaching points. Each student should organize a tour based on the guide sheet. It is more useful to know the facts of educational tourism planning. During class-teaching, students should be given the opportunity to read articles. Tourism helps in achieving the specific objectives of this stage. The teacher explains the points which the students could not understand and could not even mark them. Guidance paper provides opportunity to the student to practice. Debates are also organized regarding class-teaching.
4. Testing of students:- This stage is more important, by which the achievement of the specific objective of tourism is assessed and the students are tested for the development of abilities and skills. Weaknesses of students are diagnosed and rectified immediately. Students are given the opportunity to work to test the skills of the students. Situations and tests are given for the development of factual knowledge and attitude, for which objective test is used. Questions are also given for the definition and meaning of technical terms.
5. Teaching Review:- The errors of the students are rectified by the test. The teacher uses a creative method. Treats students sympathetically. The teacher also gives a review of the tour, which gives the students an understanding of the problem. The most important thing is that the students can do their work satisfactorily, this instructor teaches them.
Post a Comment